Bright Kids partners with various orphanages and helps children from low-income families. We offer financial support to those who need medical attention or ongoing care.
We focus on providing opportunities for children to learn practical skills and new subjects, which can lead to opportunities for professional skills development in the future. Our projects also include the collection and distribution of clothing, shoes, toys, and other necessities. We try to be flexible and accomplish projects depending on the needs of a particular orphanage or family.
Learn more about how our programs and lessons have made a difference at Counting Success.
Bright Kids partners with various orphanages and helps children from low-income families. We offer financial support to those who need medical attention or ongoing care. We focus on providing opportunities for children to learn practical skills and new subjects, which can lead to opportunities for professional skills development in the future. Our projects also include the collection and distribution of clothing, shoes, toys, and other necessities. We try to be flexible and accomplish projects depending on the needs of a particular orphanage or family. Learn more about how our programs and lessons have made a difference at Counting Success.
We are currently developing the following projects:
Healthy Life Project
Health is priceless. Thus, according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989), every child has the right “to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health” (Article 24). However, in Ukraine today, this right is not always realized at a sufficient level, especially when children with disabilities are concerned. Bright Kids is working to ensure that more Ukrainian children, and particularly children with disabilities, are able to receive the necessary treatment. Bright Kids strives to offer support for children who require funding for medical treatments or ongoing health support services through:
- Creating awareness of medical cases.
- Raising and distributing funds so that more children can receive financial support to improve their health and quality of life.
- Creating awareness among the children that we support, educating them on how they can support their health through diet, exercise, and hygiene.
Please, contact Natalie Blinder for more details at email@example.com
Regular Visits to Orphanages and Families
Our regular orphanage visits are carried out by volunteers and include language classes, leisure and sports activities, art classes, supportive services (massage, hairdressing), informative lectures (hygiene, health), developmental games (logic, gross motor skills), as well as the distribution of clothing, shoes and other necessities. We are always looking for more volunteers to help with visits, classes and transportation.
Contact Nataliia Romanshchak for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
A good command of a foreign language opens many doors and is fast becoming a ‘must have skill’ in today’s world. In February 2019, we started regular English Classes for students at the Dovbysh orphanage. We are planning to expand our service to include English-language studies for more children.
Contact us for more details at email@example.com
Computers and Technology
Computing skills and Internet access are a must for today’s generation. With the increasing complexity of modern technology, the role of computers and the Internet in our lives is increasingly significant. Our aim is to provide underprivileged kids with computers and access to the Internet. We also wish to offer courses in computing so that they have an equal opportunity in education and development. At present, we are raising funds to acquire enough computer hardware for our students. We also need a curriculum for coding classes, and we are seeking volunteers to teach introductory computing courses.
Contact Natalie Blinder for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Such vital human rights as the right to education, the right to work and women’s rights are enshrined in the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (1966) and the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (1979). However, in practice, vulnerable members of our society might not have the same possibilities to pursue their endeavours as everyone else. Bright Kids believes in equal opportunity for all and provides support to such vulnerable groups as orphanage graduates and mothers of children with disabilities:
- We provide financial aid to orphan graduates to support their studies.
- We also offer our support to mothers of children with disabilities to learn a new skill or complete an educational course, which would allow them to earn an income, to become more confident and independent. For example, the mothers expressed their interest in:
- receiving a driving license,
- learning special massage therapy, so they could help their child,
- acquiring a new profession, for example, a hairdresser, so they can support their family while working from home.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com
Mini-bus for Bright Kids
We require transport to visit orphanages & families and organize trips for kids. At the moment, we don’t have our own vehicle, so we rely heavily on the help of our sponsors. We are always looking for individuals and companies that can provide us with transport for the kids to attend activities. If you would like to become an official Bright Kids sponsor and help us with transportation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*You choose how often and when you want to participate and any help is greatly appreciated! If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering or giving to a good cause, please consider supporting Bright Kids. With your help, we are successfully improving the future of children in need.
Develop Your Own Project
We encourage volunteers in Ukraine to join the Bright Kids team by submitting their own project proposal. We are ready to give our guidance and provide financial support. The projects need to be coherent with the goals of our foundation – to provide children with an education and to offer activities that enhance their opportunities for a better future! Projects will be implemented throughout 2019. If you are interested please send your inquiry to email@example.com
- Activities/lectures/materials must be aimed at children between 6 and 16 years old.
- Course content needs to have a focus on skills development and be informative with verifiable references to scholarly or peer-reviewed articles.
- Depending on the topic, lecturers or volunteers may require specific qualifications to present their lesson.
- Bright Kids is a secular organization.
- As a secular organization, we do not teach or offer to teach any religious ideology or dogma. (If you wish to present a topic, such as History, which requires some discussion of religious matters, please discuss this with Bright Kids’ coordinators for clarification.)
- Lectures or lessons about esotericism, metaphysics or other similar concepts are not permitted.
- All course materials must be reviewed and approved by Bright Kids Charity, and be in accordance with the law.