Bright Kids visit Dovbysh (05/10/2018)
On October 5th, Bright Kids volunteers visited an orphanage in Dovbysh, a settlement in Baranivka Raion, Zhytomyr Oblast, Ukraine.
Our volunteers hosted a number of master-classes:
- Tatyana Marinchak – drawing class
- Tatyana Tsaryuk – interpersonal skills development, and drawing classes
- Yulia Slabinskaya – yoga class
- Irina Harchenko – hairdressing demonstration
- Olena Yashchuk – interpersonal skills development class, and assistant for hairdressing demonstration
- Yurii Yatsenko – offered transportation, driver
- Yurii Rakotsi – offered transport, organization of event
- Mila Brant – organization of event
- Harry Brant – organization of event
- Tatyana Gnatyuk – organization of event
- Tatyana Kasyanchuk – interpersonal skills development class, organized donations distribution for children.
We would like to say a special thanks to our wonderful photographer, our team of massage threapists, and all the generous people who donated clothing, gifts, and their time, and those who shared their knowledge.
Visiting Dovbysh (24/10/2018)
On October 24th, Bright Kids volunteers visited an orphanage in Dovbysh, Ukraine.
On this visit, volunteers Yulia Slabinskaya and Tatyana Tsaryuk hosted yoga classes, one for younger children and another for teenagers. The children learned about different poses and how to stretch and relax.
Volunteer Olga Georgievska showed children how to be creative with rhinestones and our young artists had lots of fun making beautiful pictures.
Our hairdresser Irina Harchenko again offered children cool haircuts and new hairstyles. There was a queue of curious and excited children wanting to learn from Irina and update their look before winter.
Vocalist Voltarnist Anastasiia hosted vocal coaching and acting lessons which included trust exercise and activities for confidence building.
Volunteer Antonina Yasinskaya organized lots of fun games for all the children and got them moving and kept them engaged.
Volunteers Tatiana Repa, Yurii Rakotsi, and his daughter Amerisis, surprised everyone with some delicious sushi and fruit cocktails, which the children helped to prepare…and devour.
All of our volunteers were so excited to return, and the children welcomed them with enthusiasm. We always get such a warm reception in Dovbysh.
We also donated clothing, shoes, and small gifts, and printed photographs from our earlier visit for the children to keep.
Clothing Drive October 2018
Bright Kids would like to say a special thank you to all the people who responded to our request for clothing donations for the children at an orphanage in Dovbysh, Ukraine.
Your generosity has provided warm clothing needed for winter, shoes, gloves, hats and other essential items for children in need.
Without your help, Bright Kids is unable to meet the many requests it receives for help. Every life matters. Your help counts. We thank you for your ongoing kindness and support.